At City Capital we are experienced in helping growth companies raise capital, having successfully completed well over 100 offerings in both the public and private institutional capital markets. We understand that identifying and negotiating proper financing arrangements is a time-consuming undertaking that can be disruptive to day-to-day business operations. Our experience helps to simplify the process and optimize each capital raise to meet our client's objectives, whether it's creating shareholder liquidity, raising growth capital, or both. Our long-standing relationships with private equity firms enable us to secure favorable capital structures for our clients, often involving a hybrid of debt and equity capital.At the start of all capital raising assignments, we take the time to understand our clients' business along with the industry trends, their current and future capital requirements, and the growth potential from an infusion of new capital. While we treat every project as a distinct undertaking and develop customized financing strategies, the following are the steps we tailor to each unique situation:
- Perform upfront diligence to maximize our understanding of the client's business and to ensure we accurately portray the company to the private equity capital market.
- Help prepare a customized offering memorandum, management presentation, and appropriate sales materials supported by carefully assembled business diligence materials, all of which are required to drive interest with the right investor groups.
- Determine the project's potential investor list and confidentially market the deal to our contacts in the private equity capital market. After we evaluate interest levels from all potential parties, we introduce clients to a handpicked group of investors that we believe are a good fit based on complimentary personalities, leadership styles and business approaches.
- Alongside our clients, we evaluate the pros and cons of the competing proposals and negotiate term sheets accordingly.
- Facilitate and support investor due diligence.
- Negotiate formal agreements and approve the definitive agreement to restructure the company for increased shareholder value.