LEVERAGED BUYOUTS & OWNERSHIP RECAPITALIZATIONS
Leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations
Our managing directors have extensive experience helping clients think through the critical issues involved in structuring and financing leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations. An attractive alternative to a full sale or a public offering, leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations provide private business owners the flexibility to sell a majority or minority interest of their equity holdings while still maintaining a comfortable level of ownership and operational control. At City Capital, we source the right private equity firms with the required capital needed to buy out and/or partner with shareholders, maximize value and/or reposition the business for continued sustainable growth. We take the time to understand our client's objectives and business goals, current and future needs for liquidity, and desire to maintain a management role in their company. To meet the goals of each unique deal structure, we tailor the following steps to maximize the value of the client's transaction:
- Perform upfront diligence to maximize our understanding of the client's business and to ensure we accurately portray the company to the private equity capital market.
- Prepare a customized offering memorandum, management presentation, and appropriate sales materials supported by carefully assembled business diligence materials, all of which are required to drive interest with the right investor groups.
- Determine the project's potential investor list and confidentially market the deal to our contacts in the private equity capital market. After we evaluate interest levels from all potential parties, we introduce clients to a handpicked group of investors that we believe are a good fit based on complimentary personalities, leadership styles and business approaches.
- Alongside our clients, we evaluate the pros and cons of the competing proposals and negotiate term sheets accordingly.
- Facilitate and support investor due diligence.
- Negotiate formal agreements and approve the definitive agreement to restructure the company for increased shareholder value.