MERGER & ACQUISITION ADVISORY SERVICES
Merger and acquisition advisory services
At City Capital Advisors, our Managing Directors have decades of experience dealing with the issues and complexities associated with completing merger and acquisition assignments. They have successfully led and closed merger and acquisition transactions spanning a wide variety of industries and are committed to maintaining their strong professional record. Our team anticipates potential issues and works to find optimal solutions so our clients can focus on what is important - managing and growing their businesses. Our range of customized, middle market M&A services include:
City Capital understands the magnitude of decisions our clients face in determining whether and when to sell their business. While the sell-side goal is often to maximize the value of potential offers and the client's after-tax financial return, many clients also have important non-financial objectives. Our job is to find the optimal balance of our client's objectives in each transaction we complete. We help guide corporations, private equity funds and family-owned businesses on the sale of the entire entity or a subsidiary, or division through the following steps:
- Analyze the business, identify value drivers and assess various alternatives to meet our client's objectives.
- Provide our professional opinion as to strategies regarding timing, deal structure and financing terms.
- Efficiently prepare a customized offering memorandum and appropriate sales materials with minimal interruption to the client's day-to-day business operations.
- Work closely with each sell-side client to identify the field of potential buyers and we market the business, with strict confidentiality, only to highly qualified candidates pre-approved by our client.
- Assist in the preparation of a compelling management presentation and coach our clients in preparing for meetings with potential buyers.
- Arrange management presentations and due diligence visits for a select group of targeted buyers based on preliminary indications of interest.
- Review and negotiate final offers to achieve the best possible terms for our client.
- Negotiate the purchase agreement and successfully close the transaction.
At City Capital, we guide business owners seeking growth by acquisition through the following steps:
- Identify and evaluate possible acquisition opportunities and assess the feasibility of previously identified targets.
- Advise on the strategy of each acquisition candidate - whether to gain a competitive advantage, open a new market, or to increase market share - to better ensure the target will add value after it is acquired by our client.
- Assess potential synergies and economies of scale and evaluate capitalization needs and risks.
- Provide advice on valuation and structure of the potential acquisition.
- Assist in conducting due diligence of the target, including a review of profitability, operating proficiency and historical and projected results.
- Develop a bidding strategy and help our clients negotiate the offer price and other important business terms.
- Work closely with our client's legal and tax advisors to ensure all material terms are formally negotiated and included in the final closing documents.